Friday, April 1, 2011

Josh and I have been so incredibly blessed in these last few weeks since the decision to go to Guatemala was finalized. I want to make public all that God has done for us-the glory is His alone! I hope this blesses you and it will be a reminder to me of answered prayers!
1.We sold Josh's little blue car on March 19. That was a kinda sad day for us. I know its just a car, but Josh has had it for 5 years and its just been a good little car. It drove kinda fast and loud but I still miss it too. But anyway, we had to change over some title stuff before we ever sold the car and we were praying that the new title would come before we sold the car and needed to do yet another title change. Josh called the place that did our title change and according to them the turnover time was looooong. I don't even remember what they said, but I remember we felt a wee bit blue about waiting for the title and trying to sell the car and change the title in what seemed a short amount of time. Well, God brought that title in plenty of time. And that was definitely an answer to prayer.
2. My passport needed to be changed to Peachey. I was hoping that would come in time. If I counted the weeks right, it should come the week before we scheduled our flights. For me, that's a little last minute. God brought it early. I've had it for about 2 weeks now. That was another answer to prayer. 
3. We needed background checks from the FBI. According to their website, normal processing time is 12 weeks. And after we got them, we needed to notarize them; get the Pennsylvania state seal on them; and then send them to NYC for the Guatemalan Consulate seal. If it took 12 weeks, we'd be long gone til these papers every came. God brought them too. They have the beautiful state seal of Pennsylvania and are currently in transit somewhere between here and New York City! That was a huge answer to prayer. 
4. Support. We had many family and friends say that 'we want to support you and be able to donate to the cause'. It's wonderful to hear and means so much to us. Also, the church that we attend is partnering with us to provide a monthly support. It's just been a real blessing in how our support needs have been and are being met.This is an answer to prayer. 
5. And most of all, I thank God for a church that has come along beside us and offered prayer support, accountability, and friendship in this part of our journey. This body of believers has blessed us immensely. We thank them for their interest in our lives, in wanting to develop relationships with us, in sharing their mission experiences with us, in caring about our personal issues and marriage relationship, and most of all, in bringing glory to God through lives changed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. God has so graciously answered our prayers in this season of our lives and we are grateful! 

One of my favorite songs says "to God alone be the glory; to God alone to the praise. Everything I say and do, let it be all for You, the glory is Yours alone" (Aaron Shust, To God Alone). This is our prayer. 

Continue to pray with us that our Jeep would sell. If you are interested, let us know! And pray that God would prepare our hearts for Guatemala and His work there. 

In other news, time is winding down! We leave three weeks from today! ack! My brother's wedding is this weekend, (brother #3) and we are very excited for that! (although the farewells are starting since its the last time I will see some of my family for awhile!) I am officially done at Susquehanna Health. That is still sinking in. Josh will be done at Yoder Barns in two weeks. The packing continues. I was packing away winter clothes after those few warm days last week or whenever it was, but I had to pull them back out so I'm just holding off on the packing for now. Our prayer cards came in the mail! Thanks to Keysha for taking the pictures and Heidi for designing them and to God for supplying the funds. Literally. And now, we're headed over to my parents for lasagna and garlic bread and lots of loudness and laughter. and love, don't forget the love. :) 

Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Josh and Donna, I have been overwhelmed by God's goodness as we watch and wait with you! Hallelua! In spite of our many wrong turns in life God has still chosen to bless us with a wonderful little family! All praise to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so awesome! I'm excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete