Sunday, July 22, 2012


"Big Kids" 

Verrrry proud of my students this past month. They achieved 125 grades over 80% so we celebrated with a campfire and marshmallows and games. It was a good time, followed by star gazing at the pista(runway).

Suly, Vidalia, Yelsi and me

 Lucia and Maria

Jeamy and Saul

 Stargazing!

Angelito reading to Rosa


 4th graders doing Art! Lucia, Vidalia, Maria and Jhostin
These four have improved tremendously since last year and I am so proud of them! They have a pretty big workload and are consistently doing well with their homework! 


Jeamy, Angel and Saul
(really enjoying teaching these three this year! Jeamy and I spend lots of time discussing touring Europe, Russian orphanages, Hinduism, the defeat of the Spanish Armada, and other important topics. Saul and Angel mostly teach me about the Gospel. (translation: test my patience) Angel would tell you that he enjoys pushing "big red buttons." Their expanding knowledge is very rewarding.)


Isai:
He just finished studying the heart and lungs in Science. After a fun, detailed explanation of the amazing way the heart works, his only question was: "Miss Donna, do bees have bones?" 
Me: "Did you hear anything I just said?"
Isai: *blank look* "ummm....." 


These are the kiddos I spend most of my time with Monday through Friday. I will miss them incredibly when we leave. Per Saul: "My heart will break in two when Mr. Josh and Miss Donna leave." 
Yes, child, probably mine too. 

Pray for us that we would finish well. We are excited and scared and all that about coming home in October, but we also want to BE here while we are here. Pray that we would pour Jesus into all the teaching moments we have with the kiddos. Pray that THEY could begin to understand that regardless of who comes into their lives and who leaves that they have a Faithful Father. 

"Faithful, forever you are faithful....Father to the fatherless" 
That's our prayer." 

2 comments:

  1. Wow...your time there has flown! Praying for you and the children!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed reading your post! Love ya :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete