Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Promised Post

 Hey everyone, this is Josh finally doing my promised update. I've been lacking in time and writing isn't my favorite thing to do. I'll turn this back to my wife after this post. Actually, she is typing right now, and I'm just standing here telling her what to type. That's teamwork. ha.
To start, an update on baby Karina: The hearing was actually a mistake. The social service group hadn't even completed the home study, so she came back and will have another audience in September. She is doing well, starting to chunk up a little. I have lots of fun playing with her; she's my bestest little friend. :)


We were attempting to potty train Mynor, but alas, it seems a lost cause for now. We're going to wait til he's a bit older; it was just frustrating him and us. In the following picture, he's happy, but most times as soon as we take him into the bathroom he begins to wail. loudly.

I take care of the pool most days. Every day it needs to be cleaned out. Every 3rd day, I add chlorine and sweep it. During the rainy season, its harder to keep clean and eventually we close it, but for now we have lots of fun swimming! This is Isai.

A little update on the other babies:
Josue is starting to walk....

Jacob is learning what 'no' means... (yay!)

Mercedes is sitting better than she used to and is starting to get into a crawling position...

Isaac is still Isaac. He is happier standing now than sitting, which is a big improvement for him!

Here is a picture of all of us. Sorry if we aren't all looking at the camera.

I've been riding Dave's dirt bike lately. It's a Honda XR 650. There was another guy here the other day who also had a dirtbike so Dave and I went out riding for a bit. That was fun. Makes me want to get another bike. :)

We're doing well here. God is working in us and we are learning much! Something God's been revealing to me is my having a spirit of selfishness and unthankfulness. He has called us to be servants and that means laying down my agenda and myself to allow God to bless others through me. We want to be open channels of His love and His Spirit and be joyful always! We want to be thankful in all things, praising God continually, even through trials. I just read in my devotions this morning how that through trials we need to be looking for God's deliverance and praising Him as we wait. This is our prayer. We aren't in a specific trial, but it challenged us to be like this in the everyday challenges. :) We love knowing that God is refining us, even if its painful at times; because we know He loves us. And we love it here!
Prayer Requests: Safety for Dave and Deborah as they travel to the city tomorrow for an audience. Wisdom for us as we are in charge tomorrow. That we would have teachable hearts as God trains us to be servants. That we would be faithful in prayer. That Isaac would crawl or walk. Pray for Dave and Deborah as they oversee the home and raise their little boy, Davey. My wife says pray that the bugs would stop biting us. har.
Praise: The diaper wipes have not run out!!!! Mynor went to sleep last night without yelling, after we specifically prayed for that!! Praise God that we have adjusted as well and as quickly as we have! Praise Him for his work in us, in giving us wisdom as we relate to the kids and Dave's! We're thankful that the tree that fell last night didn't fall on the house! And we haven't been robbed lately! And many praises that we are healthy again!!!

ok, thats all for now. Thanks for your prayers and support. (special thanks to our church for sending us sermons from home and for all your emails!) We feel loved.

1 comment:

  1. The children are adorable! Thanx for posting pictures and for keeping us updated! Thanx for sharing how God is working in your life. He has been working on me about some of the same things and it's encouraging to know that I'm not alone! Praying for you both! We miss you two!

    ReplyDelete