Tuesday, May 17, 2011

mmmm......

I just now figured it out. I've been hungry for something all day and I finally know what it is!
PIZZA....cheesy, loaded, stuffed crust, yummy PIZZA. I want my mom's pizza, my mother-in-law's pizza, a piece or two from Larry's, a piece from Vinnie's and maybe even Pizza Hut.
Its making my mouth water.
Oh, and on the side, I'll have some Middleswarth BBQ chips, please!
Josh says I need to stop talking about all the food. ha.

I'm also craving cereal; pretty much any cereal besides the donated Reese's Puffs or whatever they are called. Cinnamon Life. Special K Fruit & Yogurt. Cranberry Almond Trail Mix. Honey Bunches of Oats.

And what I wouldn't give for a drink of milk straight from the tank. ahhh..... When I was a little girl, sometimes I would go with my dad up to the neighbor's farm to get milk. The best part was having a drink of really cold milk from the tank. mmmm. (I remember Dad trying to scare me too, but that is rather off subject. ) We drink milk replacer here. Powder + water. Its tolerable, really. With a strange smell.

That's all. I feel like I'm going to bed hungry tonight, but I'm not. I'll be all better in the morning and if not, the cravings will just have to go away.

So even though we're way far away in Guatemala surrounded by babies and diapers and volcanoes and earthquake tremors and little kids and medium kids and big kids and questions galore, we still miss our favorite foods. It feels almost ridiculous to say it, but there it is. (so you can see our humanness, right?)

Quote of the Week:
During Bible Trivia a few days ago, the question was (Fill-in-the-blank): "He who spares the rod, spoils the ____". Angelito, 6 years old, yelled out "THE WIFE!"

Good night/day to all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! After reading your post I think I am actually hungry for pizza! :) So glad you're feeling better and have an appetite! I can't quite imagine drinking powdered milk with my cereal but I guess you do get used to it! I guess I never thought of what it would be like not having access to your favorite foods! We are all quite human in that respect! :) Love the little guy's answer to trivia altho, it does say something about his observation of his little life previously, maybe! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love reading your posts. I know how you feel on powdered milk! Just doesn't cut it. :( I'm so glad we talked the other day now i keep thinking of questions to ask you. :( miss you like crazy. -vron

    ReplyDelete